9/20/11

Father

I do not remember much of him as I was 9 years old when he passed away.

When I search my memory I get only flashes or glimpses of the time I spent with him,sitting on him,playing, while he was on his easy chair..I sometimes hear mother crying in a big hall while he would be away in his room, door closed.

I remember pushing his walking stick into his fairly large sized shoe and running around the room.I also remember getting into his shoes and walking.

I remember the time he took a large bag made of Jute to bring home all the prizes ( cups) my brother was to receive at the Annual school function.I believe he was deceived.

I hear shouts from his room,perhaps when he was talking to his share broker.

Final memories are those of the day he died, when I was grabbed from my sleep and taken across to see him in his blissful state.

No comments: